Prince, Yeates & Geldzahler’s bankruptcy practice group helps clients who become embroiled in bankruptcy cases, whether they are creditors, debtors or parties to adversary proceedings. Because of our expertise in this area, trustees in bankruptcy regularly engage us. We frequently represent the interests of financial institutions, landlords, vendors, and equipment lessors.
In addition to our creditor representation practice, we have helped many companies effectively reorganize under Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code, reducing and extending the debt terms of viable companies to allow them to repay a portion of their debts, continue employing many, and serve their communities.
Our services to secured and unsecured creditors include:
- Modifying the automatic stay to allow secured creditors to foreclose on their security.
- Appointing trustees to oversee Chapter 11 reorganizations when appropriate, or converting the proceedings to Chapter 7 liquidations when reorganization is not feasible.
- Filing proofs of claim and defending them against objections.
- Ensuring that plans under Chapters 11 (businesses), 12 (farms) and 13 (individuals) provide fair treatment.
- Representing Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors appointed by the court.
Thank you for sending us an email message. Please understand that we cannot represent you or your company until we know that doing so will not create a conflict of interest. Accordingly, please do not send us any information about any matter until we check to ensure that there are no conflicts of interest in representing you or your company. Once you have received and signed an engagement letter from a lawyer you may then exchange information freely.
Clicking on the "Yes" link, below, acknowledges that you understand and agree with this notice. Would you like to compose a message to Bankruptcy now?Yes - Compose Email No